Stay warm this winter
Temporary Pathologists' Assistant
Start date anytime from now to the end of 2022
- Hours: 8am to 5pm, but sometimes the PA’s work on a staggered schedule slightly for 7:30-4:30 or 9-6pm shifts.
- Two PAs.Grossing is also performed by pathology residents.~18,000 specimens per year.
- Temp PA’s do not perform autopsies.
- The PA may be asked to assist on frozen sections only if they have the experience. Frozens are currently performed primarily by residents.
- The specimen types range from small biopsies to large complicated cancer resection specimens including: Whipple resections, prostatectomies, lots of breast resections, soft tissue and sarcoma resections, laryngectomies and mandibulectomies.
- Biobanking of tumor cases.
- Evaluate renal biopsies to determine adequacy.
- There are residents and medical students learning to gross – the PA should feel comfortable in this environment as he/she may be asked questions regarding proper grossing technique from the trainees. Any prior teaching experience is helpful.
- Cerner and Fusion Dictate
Nicklas Medical Staffing also offers a highly competitive benefits package that includes:
- malpractice insurance
- 401(k) and Roth IRA with fully vested matching funds
- health, dental, and vision coverage from day one!
- Paid travel and paid meals